What is Xanax?
Xanax or Alprazolam helps treat anxiety disorders where one can feel panic or nervous. The symptoms of an anxiety disorder include excessive fear or worry. Xanax acts on the brain and nerves, which helps in producing a calming effect. The sedating effects can help in reducing the symptoms of anxiety.
Xanax is available in many countries under the following brand names: Alprax, Alprocontin, Alzam, Alzolam Tranax, Zolam, Zopax, etc. People can also order Xanax online on different websites.
How to take Xanax?
The dosage of Xanax depends upon the person’s medical condition and age. The dosage can also rely on how the body responds to the treatment. Xanax comes as a tablet and as a concentrated solution.
The doctor can increase the dosage of Xanax until the drug works effectively for the person. One should follow their doctor’s instructions to reduce the risk of side effects.
The withdrawal symptoms can also occur in people who have used the medication regularly for a long time if they suddenly stop taking it. The doctor may reduce the dosage of Xanax gradually to prevent this. Symptoms of Xanax withdrawal include:
- depressed mood
- thoughts of suicide or self-harm
- racing thoughts
Xanax is available in the following doses:
- 25 milligrams (mg): This is white and oval, scored and imprinted with “XANAX 0.25”.
- 5 mg: This is oval in form and peach in color and printed with “XANAX 0.5”.
- 1 mg: This is oval in shape and blue in color, scored and imprinted with “XANAX 1.0”.
- 2 MG: This is oblong in form, white in color, multi-scored, and imprinted “XANAX” on one side and “2” on the reverse side.
People should not crush or break extended-release tablets. They should swallow the whole pill to release the drug slowly into the body. If the tablet breaks, it will release too much of the drug simultaneously.
It is not advisable to share your medications with other people. It may not be suitable for them and can harm them. If people have missed a dose of Xanax, they should take it as soon as they remember. However, they should skip it if it is almost time for their next dose. People should not take extra money to make up for the missed one.
What to know before taking Xanax?
Xanax is highly addictive, and its effects become more significant as the dose increases. The doctors recommend that first-time Xanax users start with the lowest possible dose. One should take less until one knows how the drug will affect them.
High doses of Xanax can be fatal for first-time users and people who have used Xanax for months or years as prescribed by their doctors. People should not take higher doses than what’s prescribed by their doctors.
One should also ensure that the medications are 100% genuine compared to medicine prices because some pharmacies sell an illegal version of Xanax. These medications can be unsafe. If you want to buy Xanax online, buy it from a reputable online pharmacy.
What are the benefits of using Xanax?
Xanax can cure panic or anxiety disorders in people. According to clinical studies, Xanax has reduced the number of panic attacks experienced per week. Xanax can cure several types of anxiety disorders, which includes:
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Panic disorder
- Social phobia disorder
Xanax can also help in treating sleep disorders. However, doctors do not recommend it because of its high potential for dependence and addiction. Xanax is the most prescribed and widely-used drug because it has the potency and ability to work quickly.
What are the side effects of Xanax?
The side effects of Xanax occur at the beginning of the therapy and usually disappear upon the medication’s continuous usage. The common side effects of Xanax are as follows:
- Lack of appetite
- Increased sweating
Less common side effects
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- Blurred vision
- Changes in behavior
- Loss of memory
- Dry mouth
Rare side effects
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Suicidal thoughts
- Loss of strength
- Hearing loss
How does Xanax work?
Xanax works on receptors in the brain, helping slow down excessive brain activity and reducing stress and panic feelings. Some people may experience the effects of Xanax within 5 to 10 minutes of taking it. Xanax can be useful for people but may harm them if used outside the prescribed dosage. Xanax is associated with a class of drugs known as Benzodiazepines. It also enhances the effects of natural chemicals known as Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) in the body. It is an anti-anxiety drug that does not affect everyone in the same way.
What to avoid while using Xanax?
Things to avoid while using Xanax are as follows:
- Alcohol: One should avoid alcohol consumption while taking this medicine because it can cause severe side effects. One can feel exhausted or tired because taking Xanax and alcohol together can intensify both side effects. The side effects of combining the two substances are as follows:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Extreme drowsiness
- Grapefruit: Grapefruit juice can affect the liver’s enzymes, which helps break down Xanax. If you take Xanax, grapefruit, or grapefruit juice together, the amount of Alprazolam in your blood can increase. It can boost the side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, and confusion.